Expired on: Feb 28, 2023
Job Family: Art & Civic Engagement Culture
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duty Station: Kampala
Your role will entail;
- Participate in strategic planning meetings of the organizations and with partners.
- Develop and maintain knowledge on working with diverse artists and integrate a wide range of arts and culture strategies for the Creative sector including creative placemaking, cultural organizing, participatory art, and other process-focused
- Recruit, engage, and collaborate with a network of artists, creative strategists, and culture bearers as service providers and partners for the implementation of program activities of the organization.
- Provide thought leadership, oversee planning, and support logistics for arts and cultural activities such as performances, exhibitions, installations, indigenous acknowledgment, and learnings.
- Supervise programs staff and volunteers to complete their responsibilities to their highest potential and of quality.
- Create programs and challenges that are as effective and efficient as possible.
- Ensure that all implemented activities are relevant to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Engage the external community and target areas as to build and maintain essential relationships
- Work with the finance to approve budgets and concepts of the program activities implementation.
- Write reports monthly of the activities done and organize meetings with staff for proper planning.
- Participate in management meetings with the senior officers when organized.
- Identify fundraising strategies and proposal writing that benefit and complement
the mission and vision of the organization.
- A degree or masters in any Arts related discipline and management.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of project management in an art or cultural organization.
- Experience and networks in the arts or creative sectors, as a creative practitioner or facilitator.
- Experience building and working with groups across stakeholder groups (e.g. government, artists, businesses, and community leaders)
- Excellent writing skills; concept and proposal writing.
- Events organization skills and management.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Excellent communication and attention to detail ability.
Sorry! This job has expired.