Expired on: Feb 28, 2023
Job Family: Art & Civic Engagement Culture
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duty Station: Kampala
Your role will entail;
- Write and optimize content for the website, digital newsletters, print publications and social networking sites.
- Ensure consistency in terms of voice, branding, messaging and frequency of posting via digital channels.
- Handle media enquiries and create effective news releases to gain positive press coverage
- Develop and deliver well-executed and effective campaigns on our social media handles
- To develop working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Use project planning techniques to deliver projects and actively manage project budgets
- Prepare reports for the management team, including recommendations to ensure a more positive attitude
- Update the website with organization activities and relevant information.
- Regularly meet and arrange interviews with media personnel
- Ensure that all marketing and communications material align with the brand’s standards
- Maintain digital media archives (photos, videos)
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization
- Prepare and manage the organization’s budget regarding communication
- Perform media outreach i.e Field trips
- Work closely with marketing and product managers, designers, and website managers to collect information
- Other duties as they a raise.
- A bachelor’s degree in preferably communications, journalism or other related field.
- A good strategist with prior experience in developing communication strategies and plans
- A Good Understanding of content creation/management using popular social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Canva, Pinterest etc.
- Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction.
- Prior experience creating digital content and managing communications campaigns.
- Good understanding of website development and management.
- Possess strong writing and analytical skills; and be able to compose engaging and accurate content.
Sorry! This job has expired.