Job Family: Art & Civic Engagement Culture
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duty Station: Kampala
Your role will entail;
- Review all balances on a monthly basis and discussing with Project Support Officers
- Keep all financial records of the organization for proper and accurate accountability.
- Prepare financial reports and present them to the Management (Executive Director, Programs manager and Civic Arts Officer) for review quarterly
- Approve programs budgets in consultation with the Programs Manager and Executive Director.
- Develop and maintain a software system that will track all income and expenditures.
- Review project balances annually for foreign exchange write offs
- Prepare the payroll and present to the management for approval.
- Draft budgets in consultation with the programs manager in fundraising or proposal development.
- Participate in annual audit and preparation of the annual financial report.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation activities of the organization.
- Training of Support Officers and programs team on finance processes
- Ideally educated to a university-degree level, although not required
- Accredited finance training (e.g. CPA, ACCA etc)Proven track record in project accounting, reporting and financial management
- Fluency in written and oral English required;
- Good knowledge of MS Office and finance computer software applications.
- Strong organizational and communication abilities, including attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight and under pressure and to set own work priorities as appropriate and a capacity to meet deadlines.
- Relevant experience in project support for Development support projects, International Non-Government organizations and Civil Society Organization funding.
Sorry! This job has expired.